Sunday Salon: My Fall TV Lineup

The Sunday Salon.com
I am a TV buff, walking the tightrope between affinity and addiction. This fall will see some of my favorite TV shows returning, and I'm eager to catch them. This, despite the fact that I'm nearing the end of my semester, I have a million projects and assignments to submit and a proposal to write. Maybe I am addicted. But it's not like TV time is a waste of time; I'm usually multi-tasking- writing assignments, researching etc, as the show plays out in the background. Anyways, here are my favorite TV shows for this season, not in any particular order.

Must-watch Shows:

1. HOUSE: I love this show. It has a fantastic cast, great story and lots of sarcasm. Hugh Laurie is great as the maverick Dr. House. The last season ended on a crucial note, with House going to the psych house, and I'm eager to see what he he does there. I haven't managed to catch up with the episodes that are out already, but my friend did and loved it.

2. Big Bang Theory: It's funny, it's goofy, and it has Sheldon. I watched the season premiere a couple of days back, and Sheldon is as cute as ever. If you don't watch this show, you should give it a try, because they make geek definitely chic.

3. Fringe: This is a pretty recent discovery, and I just finished the first season a week back. But I liked the story, it was thoughtful without being too complicated. I found the 50-minute episodes a little lengthy at first, but the script and the performances drew my attention away from the length.

Watch-when-I-have-time shows:

1. Bones: Actually, I like this show, but I haven't watched all the previous seasons. I know I don't need to, but I'd like to.

2. How I Met Your Mother: I like this show, but I'm getting a little irritated at the non-appearance of the "mother". They've been dropping teasers through the last 4 seasons, but there is still no sign of her. I'll still be watching this show, but I'm not eagerly waiting for it.

3. Heroes: This had been one of my favorite shows, and I used to be blown away by every episode, but I found the last season slow and boring. I was in love with Zachary Quinto as Sylar, but now that Sylar has morphed into Nathan, I'm losing interest. If Quinto is back, so am I.

So, what are the shows you are looking forward to?

And here are this week's giveaways.

Brizmus Blogs Books is giving away The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith, open till October 28
The Book Butterfly is giving away Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick till November 13
Bibliofreak is giving away a choice of 5 books till October 23

If you like this post, you can receive free updates by Subscribing to my RSS Feed or by signing up for Email Updates

5 Responses
  1. Frances Says:

    I am also a big fan of House. When I was sick last year, I rented the entire first and second season, and that was good fun to watch the characters develop. Few shows can boast actual character development. Just offer cardboard cut-out types. Happy reading (or watching) today!


  2. I no longer have cable.. but the shows I enjoyed are/were:

    House (of course)
    Lost
    24
    Family Guy

    I think that's about it.. :) I have to admit we like DVRing the shows.

    Allison
    Well-Read Reviews


  3. Dani In NC Says:

    From your list, my must-watch shows are Bones and Big Bang Theory. Add to that list Mad Men, Glee, and So You Think You Can Dance. I watch a LOT of other shows besides these, but they are shows that my husband likes and i can take them or leave them.


  4. She Says:

    Big Bang Theory & Fringe = amazing.

    awesome choices!


  5. Now that House is now longer available here in the UK unless you subscibe to SKY t.v. (which we don't) I'm awaiting delivery of the latest season as I type. Big Bang Theory, one of our favourite shows though not very well known here -
    we can't seem to find anyone else who watches it apart from ourselves. Sheldon is so funny,should have a fan club.


Related Posts with Thumbnails