Sunday Salon: BBAW Roundup

The Sunday Salon.com

It's been a really hectic week, what with exams and all. I really did not manage to participate in my first Book Blogger Appreciation Week as much as I wanted to, but I did enjoy what I managed to take part in. BBAW has been a way for me to see how huge and how interconnected the book blogging community really is.

I used to see the BBAW buttons on a lot of blogs, and heard a lot of good things about it too. So when I heard about this year's BBAW, I thought I had to be a part of it. I haven't been a book blogger for long, so I wanted to use this opportunity to get to know the whole book blogging community. I was really surprised as to how many passionate bloggers there really are, and how prolific their reading is. It was so good to read their diverse opinions and interests, something that is one of the highlights of book blogging.

My favorite part of the BBAW is the interview swap. I had a blast thinking up questions and writing down the answers for the interview. It was really cool to meet a really fun fellow blogger in the process, and finding a blog I will regularly visit in the future. Another meme I really enjoyed was the reading meme. It was fun to read all about other book bloggers' reading habits, and know that I'm not the only one with the quirky tastes. I'm still visiting some of the blogs I missed, though I'm afraid I may not be able to read all of them.

I really wanted to thank all the people behind BBAW for organizing such a major event so smoothly, for making this experience a really memorable one for me and and everybody else who participated in it.

If you like this post, you can receive free updates by Subscribing to my RSS Feed or by signing up for Email Updates

3 Responses
  1. Amanda Says:

    The interview swaps were good, but I found I enjoyed actually participating in them more than reading others. That day was very overwhelming for me. I did, however, love reading peoples' personal shortlists.


  2. JoAnn Says:

    It was quite a week...so hard to keep up with it all! I enjoyed the interviews, but loved reading other blogger's short lists of blogs. Have a great week.


  3. Gavin Says:

    I found your blog through BBAW!


Related Posts with Thumbnails