BBAW 09- Discovering New Books


Today we encourage you to blog about a book you read only because you discovered it on another book blog. Preferably, this will be a book you loved! You might also write a bit about the blog you discovered it on!

One of the reasons I started blogging was to discover new books, to step outside the few authors I keep rereading and find new ones to love. While I've found a lot of new books on the blogosphere, I've managed to read only a few of them. One of these books is City of Bones, from Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments trilogy. I first read a review of this book on Becky's blog, Becky's Book Reviews. Becky reviews a lot of YA on her blog and she's been adding books to my TBR faster than the speed of sound. When I found the publisher offering a free copy of City of Bones, I picked it up. And I liked it a lot. It was fast-paced and action-packed, a book right up my alley. You can read my full review of City of Bones here.

Another book I picked up because of a fellow blogger was Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro. Nymeth from things mean a lot recommended it to me. Nymeth is a very eclectic reader and her tastes are quite similar to mine, so I went over to read her review of the book, and I was hooked. I have had the book for a long time on my shelf, but I hadn't got around to reading it because I thought it would be heavy and boring. But Nymeth's review made me pick it up, and I'm reading it right now, and I must say, it's been a good read so far.

If you like this post, you can receive free updates by Subscribing to my RSS Feed or by signing up for Email Updates

4 Responses
  1. Eva Says:

    I LOVE Remains of the Day!

    And Nymeth's so good at convincing people to pick up books, isn't she?! :)


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Becky's Book Reviews is an awesome review site!


  3. bermudaonion Says:

    I think Nymeth has influenced a lot of us.


  4. Ana S. Says:

    Thank you SO much for the kind words! I'm very happy to have helped spread the Kazuo Ishiguro love :D


Related Posts with Thumbnails