REVIEW Artemis Fowl- The Eternity Code: Eoin Colfer


SUPER-COMPUTING SWINDLERS

Another hell of a Fowl book. I’m totally in love with this series, and Artemis is one of the smartest heroes I’ve met on paper.

Using fairy technology, Artemis builds an advanced computer, the C Cube and attempts to sell it to a shady tech billionaire Jon Spiro. But Spiro proves to be too smart for him, as he walks away with the Cube, fatally injuring Butler in the process. Artemis must now find a way to save Butler and recover the Cube, so that the fairy secrets are not revealed to the world.

The Eternity Code has as much firepower as the two previous ones, though not so much of the snappy wit. The plot is intricately laid, with twists and turns that you don’t see coming. The gadgetry is superb as always, and Colfer always has a few new tricks up his sleeve when it comes to snazzy new gizmos. I was a little disappointed that Foaly didn’t have a meaty role, and the Foaly-Root bickering that I loved so much didn’t make much of an appearance. Artemis is more mature than he was in the earlier books, though his criminal genius remains unchanged. He now considers what effect his actions will have on people around him, and that is a quality I like. I loved the book, and I really look forward to reading the rest of the series.

If you like this post, you can receive free updates by Subscribing to my RSS Feed or by signing up for Email Updates

4 Responses
  1. I love your review! I actually really like how you start it out as I have been on the fence about these but never have read them.

    You may have given me the push I need!


  2. Jenners Says:

    I've not read any of this series but it is one of those that I'm always seeing around so I might give it a try some day.

    I like the winter look of your blog by the way!


  3. A great review - it may have even inspired me to read the books.


  4. Trollololol Says:

    I love the Artemis Fowl books. They're great for when you're in need of a light, funny read!

    I adore Foaly. ;)

    Nice review.


Related Posts with Thumbnails