Sunday Salon: Random Ramblings

The Sunday Salon.com
It's been pretty quiet over here for the past month, though I've been back to the blogosphere for quite some time. This time, the quiet is not because of pressure or anything like that, but just because I wanted to take some time to visit new blogs and polish my TBR before getting down to reading. Not that I haven't been reading, I have. But all the books I'm reading are in various stages of completion, so reviews are down to a trickle. I'm also celebrating my month-long holiday from the internet by surfing with a vengeance, where I found some interesting things, namely, Facebook founder is not the innocent geek he looks, Lifehacker has some pretty useful stuff for students like me and for readers like you, and discovered lots of really cool lit sites, some of which I'll be writing about in future Salon posts.

So, this is my first Salon post for the year and it's not about anything specific (like you didn't get that from the title!) First thing, it's my first blogging anniversary next month! Yes, I've been blogging for a year! I've managed to shed my lazy skin and keep up a semblance of regular reading and posting for a year! Anyways, I've not yet decided what to do to celebrate this occasion. Well, I'm anyway a last-minute kind of person, so blogoversary eve will probably find me typing away furiously. Another thing is, I'm pretty close to 50 followers. Not as many as some of my favorite blogs have, but it's a start. Actually, I was so scared that nobody would want to listen to what I have to say that I didn't install the Followers widget for the better part of a year. Thanks, J Kaye, for urging me to do so! And thank you to all those who follow via Google Friend Connect and RSS. You inspire me to read more and write more.

And while I'm leaving my blogging goals post for my blogoversary, this is a personal goal I would like to talk about. I've actually been doing a lot of reading about young achievers and I would also like to do something awesome (at least something I think is awesome) before I'm 25. Now, I still don't know what that is, but I'm going to find out. So I'm going to try and explore all my interests this year, to find out what I love doing the most and how I can take it forward. Wish me luck in this!

And here are a couple of international giveaways I'm signing up for

The Eclectic Reader is giving away a choice of 6 books to 2 lucky readers, to celebrate her birthday. Giveaway is open till January 31
Alaine- Queen of Happy Endings is giving away a choice of 6 books till January 31
The Undercover Book Lover is giving away 3 YA books till January 30
Peeking Between the Pages is giving away Holly's Inbox by Holly Denham, open till January 31

If you like this post, you can receive free updates by Subscribing to my RSS Feed or by signing up for Email Updates

3 Responses
  1. Trisha Says:

    Glad you are back around and posting. That is a great goal you have, but be sure you recognize the awesome. Sometimes the most awesome things we do may not seem so to us at first. My Sunday Salon is here


  2. Jenny Says:

    Happy blogiversary, and good luck to you in doing something spectacular! :)


  3. Starting and keeping a blog for a year is pretty awesome, I'd say!

    :-)


Related Posts with Thumbnails