I am a TV buff, walking the tightrope between affinity and addiction. This fall will see some of my favorite TV shows returning, and I'm eager to catch them. This, despite the fact that I'm nearing the end of my semester, I have a million projects and assignments to submit and a proposal to write. Maybe I am addicted. But it's not like TV time is a waste of time; I'm usually multi-tasking- writing assignments, researching etc, as the show plays out in the background. Anyways, here are my favorite TV shows for this season, not in any particular order.
1. HOUSE: I love this show. It has a fantastic cast, great story and lots of sarcasm. Hugh Laurie is great as the maverick Dr. House. The last season ended on a crucial note, with House going to the psych house, and I'm eager to see what he he does there. I haven't managed to catch up with the episodes that are out already, but my friend did and loved it.
2. Big Bang Theory: It's funny, it's goofy, and it has Sheldon. I watched the season premiere a couple of days back, and Sheldon is as cute as ever. If you don't watch this show, you should give it a try, because they make geek definitely chic.
3. Fringe: This is a pretty recent discovery, and I just finished the first season a week back. But I liked the story, it was thoughtful without being too complicated. I found the 50-minute episodes a little lengthy at first, but the script and the performances drew my attention away from the length.
1. Bones: Actually, I like this show, but I haven't watched all the previous seasons. I know I don't need to, but I'd like to.
2. How I Met Your Mother: I like this show, but I'm getting a little irritated at the non-appearance of the "mother". They've been dropping teasers through the last 4 seasons, but there is still no sign of her. I'll still be watching this show, but I'm not eagerly waiting for it.
3. Heroes: This had been one of my favorite shows, and I used to be blown away by every episode, but I found the last season slow and boring. I was in love with Zachary Quinto as Sylar, but now that Sylar has morphed into Nathan, I'm losing interest. If Quinto is back, so am I.
So, what are the shows you are looking forward to?
And here are this week's giveaways.
Brizmus Blogs Books is giving away The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith, open till October 28
The Book Butterfly is giving away Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick till November 13
Bibliofreak is giving away a choice of 5 books till October 23