Monthly Roundup- October 2009

This has been a very hectic college month, and hence a bad reading month, and a worse blogging month. I'm behind on my reviews: there are quite a few drafts languishing. I haven't also been able to visit other blogs and comment on them as much as I would have liked to. I hope things will straighten up next month.

Ok, so what's been happening on this blog? My featured author of the month was P.G. Wodehouse, one of my perennial favorites. For Banned Books Week, I didn't manage to read any book which was banned, but I did write a post about the system of banning books in India.

I had my first interview with Michelle Moran, author of Cleopatra's Daughter, an experience I thoroughly enjoyed.

I reviewed the following books:

The English Teacher- R.K. Narayan
The Remains of the Day- Kazuo Ishiguro
City of Ashes- Cassandra Clare
Hot Water- P.G. Wodehouse
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime- Mark Haddon
The Godfather- Mario Puzo

I reviewed the following movies on Monday Movies:
Becoming Jane
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
10 Things I Hate About You
The Dark Knight
Dil Bole Hadippa
Fashion

P.S.: Happy Halloween to everybody!

If you like this post, you can receive free updates by Subscribing to my RSS Feed or by signing up for Email Updates

8 Responses
  1. JoAnn Says:

    Despite good intentions, I didn't read any banned books either. I really need to read Wodehouse!


  2. You read some good books in October. I enjoyed The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night and The Remains of the day. Congrats.


  3. My comment is similar to JoAnn's - I thought I was the last person to pick up Wodehouse!

    As for Banned Books - it wasn't on my reading plan this year. I had a few posts about it, including a fantastic guest post by David Levithan.


  4. Kristen Says:

    Wodehouse is so much fun. As a matter of fact, I could probably use a Wodehouse right about now.

    P.S. I lov the new blog look and the small bits of snow falling through the page. :-)



  5. Blodeuedd Says:

    Great new blog look, very nice :D


  6. Ivana Says:

    I know what you mean about college/reading issues, same here...I love your new design! Here in Croatia it was snowing yesterday, the first snow this year...

    Hope in November you will have more time to read!


  7. Eva Says:

    For a hectic month, I think you got quite a bit done. :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails