And....I'm Back!

A new semester of college, a new schedule and new books. Great combo, right? Well, I've been off for nearly a month, but I'm back on the blogging circuit: posting book reviews, visiting other blogs and commenting with a renewed vigour. I made a couple of blogging goals for this semester.

1. I realised that though I read a lot, lately I haven't been finishing a lot of the books I have started, and since I review only those books I have completed, my reviews are generally fewer than I would have liked. So now, I have made a commitment to finish every book I start, no matter how boring.

2. I am going to increase the frequency of my commenting. I am usually a lurker, and it's about time I was more forthcoming. I do wish to get across to a lot of people, and to do that, I have to get to know a lot of people, so comments are the first step.

3. I am going to complete my Guardian reading challenge (I had almost forgotten about it!) within this semester. I will try to sign up for a couple of challenges that suit my TBR pile, and I pray I can finish them.

4. I also want to sign up for the Sunday Salon. I have been reading a lot of Sunday Salon posts all around the book blogging world, and I really want to be part of the community. I will be a Sunday Saloner come August, and I will probably be posting a lot of random thoughts about books, reading, and maybe a few memes.

5. I noticed that many people review ARCs. I think it's a really great way to get to read new authors, and I would like to receive some ARCs as well. As far as I can gather, most ARC programmes are U.S. centric, and I'm not sure how I, sitting in India, will manage to gather a few copies, so that's why this is at the bottom of my list.

I have a stock of reviews to catch up on, and a whole lot of books waiting to be read. It's good to be back blogging, and it's great to be reading.

If you like this post, you can receive free updates by Subscribing to my RSS Feed or by signing up for Email Updates

2 Responses
  1. Ana S. Says:

    Welcome back! I agree, comments are the best way of getting to know fellow book lovers. I always have to push myself a little bit to start commenting, as my natural tendency is to hide in the corner, but it's so worth the effort.


  2. bermudaonion Says:

    Good luck with the new semester!


Related Posts with Thumbnails