Sunday Salon: Reading Preferences

The Sunday Salon.com
I was a little unsure about what to do for my first Sunday Salon post, so I thought I'd borrow a meme from Booking Through Thursday. It's all about reading preferences, quick answers to some questions.

  • Reading something frivolous? Or something serious? Ans:I like reading serious stuff, but usually I throw in something frivolous to lighten the mood
  • Paperbacks? Or hardcovers? Ans: Paperbacks. They're easy to hold while lying down
  • Fiction? Or Nonfiction? Ans: Fiction, mostly.
  • Poetry? Or Prose? Ans: Prose. I haven't read much poetry.
  • Biographies? Or Autobiographies? Ans: Biographies. I find the life of someone told through a third person's perspective more interesting
  • History? Or Historical Fiction? Ans: Both actually
  • Series? Or Stand-alones? Ans: I love series, because you can follow the characters in a variety of adventures.
  • Classics? Or best-sellers? Ans: I read a lot of best-sellers, but I'd prefer a classic anyday.
  • Lurid, fruity prose? Or straight-forward, basic prose? Ans: Depends on my mood actually. Sometimes I like a lot of description, but again wordiness puts me off at times.
  • Plots? Or Stream-of-Consciousness? Ans: Plots.
  • Long books? Or Short? Ans: I don't really care about the length of the book as long as the writing and story can hook me.
  • Illustrated? Or Non-illustrated? Ans: Non-illustrated. I prefer the words to create the images.
  • Borrowed? Or Owned? Ans: Owned. Actually I'd first like to borrow the book and read it, and then if I really, really love it, I want to own it.
  • New? Or Used? Ans: Used. Though I love the smell and feel of new books, used ones are kinder on the pocket, and have a charm of their own.

If you like this post, you can receive free updates by Subscribing to my RSS Feed or by signing up for Email Updates

2 Responses
  1. Table Talk Says:

    Welcome to the Salon and what a good way to start so that we have a good idea of what you like and don't like. I'm afraid most of my answers would have been both, depending on circumstances, with the exception of the lurid, fruity prose bit, which would have me tossing the book aside like a piece of said fruit.


  2. Susan Says:

    Hi Hazra I'm sorry it's taken me so long to come find you! This hasn't been by best blogging summer at all, so I'm catching up now with all my visitors. I'm adding you to my blogroll! I enjoyed your answers here too. Fruity prose would have me giving up also. Plain speaking also includes desription. But writing to avoid getting anywhere (slows plot/kills plot)- yuck!


Related Posts with Thumbnails