REVIEW Twilight:Stephenie Meyer


DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER

The best thing I can say about this book is that its cover is nice. That, actually, was what drew me to the book (that, and a status message on Facebook saying "I LOVE Twilight"). I read this book while taking breaks while studying before a test, and frankly, I found my textbook way more interesting.

Bella Swan is the narrator in Twilight, a high-school girl who moves into the rainy town of Forks to live with her father. On the first day of school, she sits next to Edward Cullen, who seems utterly repulsed by her, but Bella is irresistibly drawn to him. After a series of incidents, Bella starts having doubts about him and does a little snooping around, and what does she discover? Her Mr. Perfect is a vampire!!! But nothing can stand between her and her true love, and her ensuing relationship drags her into a deeper mess, as a rival vampire coven sweeps into the town, with its leader baying for her blood.

There is too much reliance on adjectives and adverbs: Bella is always swooning, her heart is stopping, running, thudding or racing. Her voice is so irritating; she goes on and on about how perfect Edward is, how gorgeous his features are, till you are ready to tear out her hair. Girl, we get it, he's hot, now get on with the story. The concept of forbidden romance and star-crossed lovers could have been fleshed out a bit, the conflict between human and vampire natures could be detailed. For me, the arrival of James' coven and the resulting plot twists were too late, and the action not really engrossing. I agree, I don't have much patience with young adult romance, but I thought that this book was dragging and annoying, and I'm not really sure how people can compare it to Harry Potter. Mills and Boon would be a better fit.

Read another review at: Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin'?

If you like this post, you can receive free updates by Subscribing to my RSS Feed or by signing up for Email Updates

2 Responses
  1. Aarti Says:

    Thanks for coming to my blog! I had much the same response to Twilight as you did- believe me, she does not make my list of "heroines who don't annoy me." :-) I am glad to know that I am not the only one who found her aggravating!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    your one of very few!! the Twilight saga are the most amazingg books ive red in a long time and ive red a lot of books, you can tell their amazing books by the millions and millions of fans world wide


Related Posts with Thumbnails